Low Volume Casting Services & Prototyping Solutions
Low volume custom castings provide a proven economical solution for manufacturing parts of various sizes and shapes. Low volume production generally equates to less than 1,000 units produced per month, depending on the size and shape of the part. Our variety of casting processes, allows you to create prototype and pre-production parts for a wide range of purposes.
As a comprehensive low volume production foundry, General Foundry Service provides custom turnkey casting solutions that are second to none in the industry. Lead time turnarounds in as little as 4-6 weeks. With multiple and complementary casting processes, we are your one stop shop for all aluminum and zinc aluminum cast components.
Contact us for more information regarding our low volume casting service options and low volume production solutions. You can also call us at 510-297-5040 and we will be happy to assist you with your questions.
Custom Casting Solutions Capabilities
From fingernail size to 500 lbs. components, General Foundry provides five different types of casting processes to match your exact low volume specification/production needs. We create high quality aluminum and zinc aluminum cast components utilizing the following processes:
- Green Sand Castings – This type of casting method is our oldest and most economical. It does not utilize additional chemical additives; only clay, water and sand.
- No Bake (Air Set) Sand Castings – Due to the chemically bonded sand, no bake sand castings are used to manufacture larger, more dimensional stable molds..
- Permanent Mold Castings – This process is used to create cast geometries that require increased structural integrity and higher volume productions. Permanent mold casting is somewhat like die casting.
- Rubber Plaster Mold Castings – Plaster provides significantly lower tooling costs and faster lead times than die casting. Plaster also provide increased design freedom over other molding options.
- Investment (Lost Wax – Solid Mold) Castings – With enhanced design freedom and extremely thin wall manufacturing capabilities, investment castings provide the quickest prototype options.
Advanced Prototyping Solutions
3D printed sand molds and loose tooling prototypes can be used to create accurate and economical prototypes. At General Foundry, we can provide several prototyping solutions for your specific project needs. Our expert staff has the experience and knowledge to turn your designs into physical components.
- 3D Printed Sand Mold Prototypes –3D printed sand molds provide a quick and accurate way to create prototypes for low, mid or high volume manufacturing.
- Loose Tooling Prototypes – Prototype tooling often provides a less expensive means to manufacturing a handful of parts. Whether you are looking for a few, or many prototype tooling parts, General Foundry can fulfill your needs.